Non-Operative Care for Spine & Scoliosis
What is it?
Here at Columbia Orthopedics we strive to offer a center for Non-Operative Care for Spine and Scoliosis. We aim to serve all age groups from the treatment of young children with early onset scoliosis to adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis and then into adulthood with the treatment of spine conditions, scoliosis correction, and enhanced mobility for the aging spine.
Dr. Michael Vitale and Prachi Bakarania are renowned leaders in the field of conservative treatment approaches for scoliosis, as well as in the care of treatment of patients for pre- and post- surgical intervention to improve outcomes and maintain healthy results. They along with the rest of the team provide cutting edge therapeutic treatment for pediatric, adolescent and adult scoliosis and spine conditions.
The conservative treatments that are offered are scoliosis casting, scoliosis bracing and Schroth therapy. Please see the links below for further information about each. Also you can download our brochure for Non-Operative Care for Spine & Scoliosis.
- EOS, Low Dose Xray Machine, for Treatment of Scoliosis
- Formetric Machine
- Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis-Specific Exercise (PSSE): The Schroth Method
- Scoliosis Bracing
- Scoliosis Casting
- App: Scoliosis Tracker for iPhone and iPad
- Book: Scoliosis: A Guide for Parents and Families
- Book: What to Expect: Non-Operative Scoliosis Care
- What to Expect: Non-Operative Care (for Spine & Scoliosis) Brochure
- Non-Operative Care for Spine & Scoliosis Video